Phobos Down 0.0.3 alpha released
It's time for another alpha update for Phobos Down! In addition to usual list of bug fixes this update brings some new game content too. There are multiple new enemies, weapon modifiers and device drop pods that add some much needed variation to the game.
Here's the full list of changes since version 0.0.2:
- Added new base enemy type called "digger".
- Fixed a bug that may have caused enemies randomly falling through ground.
- Align dust particle emitters to terrain.
- Made larger enemies burrow faster.
- Auto-aim from actual weapon position instead of player center point.
- Terminate enemies if they fall through terrain as a fail-safe.
- Improved enemy burrowing/unburrowing sound and particle effects.
- Made enemies remember their targets longer.
- Added more variants of existing enemy types.
- Minor improvements to enemy models.
- Better splatter sounds.
- Added a short random delay before spawning a new enemy after one dies.
- Made the tougher enemies only appear in higher danger sites.
- Limited enemy shooting angle to enemy type specific range.
- Added some random variation to number of enemy waves per mission.
- Prevented all player damage from missiles.
- Added a short light flash when an enemy shoots a projectile.
- Better medical station drop pod heal sound.
- Better drop pod opening sound.
- Added sentry gun drop pod.
- Prevent activating drop pods until they have landed.
- Fixed weapon projectiles visible through weapon models.
- Added a subtle camera shake on explosions.
- Fixed drop pods not always opening on steep slopes.
- Improved info box scaling on non 16:9 resolutions.
- Emit dust particles on ground under decelerating drop pods.
- Adjusted settings menu to better use vertical space.
- Improved explosion range indicators.
- Lowered explosive device damage range a bit.
- Added an explosion damage range indicator to explosive devices.
- Added explosion damage and range modifiers for the launcher weapon.
- Added rectangular outlines to device drop pod icons to distinguish them from modifiers.
All feedback will be appreciated but I'm specifically interested in how you feel about current game difficulty. Is staying alive too hard? What are the situations that get the player killed and feel unfair? Keep in mind that the game is supposed to be more about high scores and fun gameplay than brutal struggle to survive.
You can contact me through the contact form here or leave a comment on Itch.io page.
Downloads are available on Itch.io:
Back to home
Posted on 2023-08-09