Polychoron 0.1.1 beta released
This update to Polychoron brings minor improvements, bug fixes and adjustments to the difficulty curve.
The most important change is the improved line of sight testing. Previously, a patient player could easily lurk behind corners and find shooting positions where the enemy does not see the player. It's still possible but a lot harder. The enemy now shoots at the player even if it only sees a part of the ship. This also fixes the cases where an enemy drone is already partially visible from player's starting position.
There is now an option to draw a white wireframe overlay on top of the maze geometry. This was primarily intended for the mobile version to improve visibility when playing in brightly lit environment but I decided to include it in all versions.
The game's difficulty curve has changed slightly. As the line of sight changes make the game a little harder, the enemy weapon damage and projectile speed now increases a bit slower. Their delay from target detection to shooting decreases faster now but starts higher. Please let me know how these changes feel.
Here's the full change log since beta version 0.1.0:
- Added a tip about double-tap-and-shoot gesture for shooting in the mobile version.
- Increased ambient light and ship spotlight brightness slightly.
- Fixed wrong titles in video and audio settings menus.
- Added an optional visible maze wireframe.
- Removed broken debanding setting in the mobile version.
- Properly adjust GLES2 renderer lighting for the camera outside level too.
- Moved virtual shoot button slightly closer to screen center in the mobile version.
- Added a setting for hiding touch screen control overlays.
- Use all available screen space for roll control on top left part of the touch screen.
- Removed confusing red crosses left in place of destroyed drones.
- Fixed weird colored flashes at level start when global illumination is enabled.
- Lowered the frequency of emergency repair power-ups on higher levels.
- Fixed enemies spawning in positions where they are visible from player start point.
- Made enemies see the player when any part of the ship is visible.
- Adjusted enemy shoot delays for slightly easier start but faster decrease on higher levels.
See Polychoron game page for more information. Direct downloads have been updated on Itch.io. Android version update has been uploaded on Google Play and will be available shortly. Web version has been updated on GotM.io.
Back to home
Posted on 2021-08-13