Hyper Ultra Astronautics 0.1.3 beta released
The game is not dead! It's been embarrassingly long time since last beta update, mostly due to my general laziness and procrastination. I'm back on track to finishing the project.
Here's what has changed since 0.1.2 beta:
- Recreated game icon with better quality.
- Changed the in-game font again because the last one lacked many accented characters.
- Re-show IP addresses listening for remote controllers with F5.
- Fixed text messages at top and bottom of screen sometimes unintentionally fading out.
- Properly reset camera state when exiting paused mode.
- Added command line options for directly starting a match at startup.
- Added menu toggling by ESC (again).
- Use view with slowly rotating camera behind menus.
- Updated to latest SDL game controller database.
- Don't remember entered high-score name in demo mode.
- Added support for event (damage, respawn, etc.) based actions in controller apps.
- Updated bundled dependencies to latest versions (Ogre3D, OpenAL, GLFW, etc).
The Android controller application has been updated too. In addition to minor UI improvements, it adds visual effects and sounds on certain game events like respawning, missile locks and EMP disruption.
One of the side projects delaying the work on game itself is a bar-top arcade cabinet that I've been building for Hyper Ultra Astronautics. When it's finished I will write a post with more details here.
Updated packages are now available for download on Itch.io page and the official game page has been updated. The update to the controller application will be available shortly.
Back to home
Posted on 2019-06-11