Hyper Ultra Astronautics 0.1.1 beta released
I had decided not to add any new weapons during beta phase, but I did it anyway. Meet smartgun:
It's a similar to the magnetic cannon, but with lower rate of fire and projectiles that steer away from friendly ships and towards enemies.
One problem with the mobile controller apps have been that they do not work in all Wi-Fi setups. Many (especially public) Wi-Fi networks seem to block UDP multicast which prevents the app from finding any games. I haven't been able to fix this so that it would work everywhere, so I've added manual connection as a backup. Now the game shows the listening IP address when a match starts. Updated mobile controller apps allows you to manually enter this address for cases where game listing does not show any games.
This update also adds a "Winnitron compatibility mode". This mode allows Hyper Ultra Astronautics to run in Winnitron arcade cabinets. I will later upload the game to Winnitron network.
Here's full list of change since 0.1.0 beta:
- Added new weapon: Smartgun.
- Fixed fast moving teletorpedos occasionally colliding and exploding prematurely.
- Fixed teletorpedos becoming indestructible after their teleportation time runs out.
- Added "resume" option in main menu and removed menu toggling with ESC.
- Added command line option to force full-screen mode with current desktop resolution.
- Documented all command line options in readme.txt.
- Removed "slide prevention" setting from menu.
- Added launch script for Winnitron arcade machines.
- Moved controller app QR codes from settings menu to controller help overlay.
- Increased weapon flash light ranges on most of the weapons.
- Fixed bug causing wrong weapon flash color on some weapons.
- Changed to a more low-poly style bullet shapes.
- Added create-menu-shortcut.sh/vbs scripts for setting up menu shortcuts.
- Increased arena light intensities slightly.
- Show listening IP address for remote controllers at match start.
Updated packages are available for download on Itch.io page and the official game page has been updated. Mobile controller application update is waiting for approval on GooglePlay.
Back to home
Posted on 2018-08-23