Lockdown Protocol 1.4.3 Released
This is a maintenance update to Lockdown Protocol, the first one in 2.5 years! I didn't realize it's been that long.
The most important reason for this update was that the Linux version is no longer working out-of-the box in many of the modern distributions due to removal of required old libpng library version. Also, a lot of bug fixes and improvements have been made to my "engine code" over the years while developing Hyper Ultra Astronautics.
I decided to drop the built-in level sharing mechanism, because it was a maintenance nightmare and due to the fact that during last three years it has been used only three times in total.
I will no longer build a 32-bit Linux version, because practically no-one downloads that anymore.
Here's the full list of changes:
- Dropped Direct3D support (was never used by default anyway).
- Fixed some compatibility issues on Linux (no more libpng dependency).
- Added monitor selection in system menu.
- Added monitor gamma adjustment in system menu.
- Added V-sync interval setting to system menu.
- Prevented "Automatic lockdown.." voice announcement from playing in editor preview mode.
- Rewrote collision sound volume calculation.
- Fixed random crashes at exit.
- Added itch.io manifest files and cleaned up remaining references to Desura.
- Switched to use SDL2 game controller mappings for much better gamepad support.
- Fixed crash when starting level editor repeatedly.
- Removed level upload/download support.
There has been a lot of code changes, so I would be surprised if there are no new bugs. If you encounter any problems, please report them and I'll sort them out.
Updated packages are available for download on Itch.io page and the official game page has been updated.
Back to home
Posted on 2018-08-09