Hyper Ultra Astronautics 0.0.15 alpha released
I have been busy procrastinating, but I finally managed to set up another Hyper Ultra Astronautics alpha update. It was long overdue.
Most of the work has gone into finishing the survival co-op game mode. I added two new enemy types and ramped up overall difficulty by giving out less repair bots and making enemy weapons do considerably more damage. Content-wise, the survival mode is now ready, but it will need a lot of fine-tuning and balancing.
This update fixes the critical bug that reversed XInput controller Y-axes and rendered many game controllers nearly useless in the previous Windows version.
Here's full list of changes since 0.0.14 alpha:
- Added a new enemy boss in survival mode.
- Added a new enemy drone type in survival mode.
- Added menu control from first connected gamepad.
- Fixed remote (mobile app) controllers not requiring shoot button release after respawn.
- Added a new enemy spawn pattern where drones teleport in at random positions.
- Made survival mode enemy weapons a lot stronger.
- Firing death ray disrupts own ship controls for a while.
- Use "smoke" effect on ships only when badly damaged, not to indicate overheat.
- Added one more projectile per burst to plasma burst to make it more effective weapon.
- Blink ship label when the ship takes damage.
- Fixed a bug causing too weak angular damping on all enemy ships.
- Fixed potential random crashes when using beam weapons.
- Made enemy drones randomly look around when they don't have a target.
- Added contact and explosion sounds to explosion fragments.
- Set boss explosion fragments to explode after a random delay.
- Prevented collision response from small fragments to prevent them from altering player's heading.
- Added white flash effect on all ships when taking damage.
- Made all enemy bosses teleport back to arena if pushed out.
- Fixed background sound loop unnecessarily restarting when closing controller help.
- Updated GLFW to fix inversed Y-axis on all XInput gamepads.
- Prevented bosses from teleporting too close to players.
- Prevented players from respawning too close to enemy bosses.
- Fixed a bug that made projectiles launched by already destroyed ship damage friendly players.
- Updated SDL game controller database to latest version.
- Implemented a workaround to a GLFW bug that caused missed keypresses on USB keyboards in Linux.
- Fixed occasional decimal value formatting problems in the menu.
- Marked transient power-ups with "+" sign in the title.
Updated packages are available for download on Itch.io page and the official game page has been updated.
Back to home
Posted on 2017-12-26