Hyper Ultra Astronautics 0.0.14 alpha released
In contrast to the previous alpha update only fixing a single bug, this one brings a lot of new stuff. In addition to the long list of visual and usability improvements, there is a new single fire weapon that can wipe the arena clean:
Many testers have felt that the ship is too hard to control due to inertia. However, I like the raw turn-and-thrust controls and so do most of the players once they get the hang of it. As a compromise, I have added an option to automatically use ship's side thrusters to dampen the lateral movement while thrusting. This makes maneuvering a bit easier without introducing any magical forces or friction. It is disabled by default and can be changed in the settings menu (Settings->Controller settings->Slide prevention). Please test it and let me know what you think!
Here's full list of changes since 0.0.13 alpha:
- Added new weapon: Death ray.
- Adjusted background asteroid color to better blend in to the background.
- Added setting for changing ship HUD size.
- Added left digital trigger as alternative thrust button on gamepads.
- Added shift keys as alternative shoot keys for keyboard controllers.
- Use ship's side thrusters to dampen lateral motion while thrusting (off by default).
- Fine-tuned camera shake to feel better.
- Added a blue light source to teletorpedos.
- Increased scattergun projectile count and lowered individial projectile damage.
- Fixed full-screen mode not always defaulting to primary monitor.
- Increased telefragger kill range at teleport target position.
- Don't spawn telefragger right before boss fights as it can't be used against them.
- Spawn repair bots in survival mode only as boss kill rewards.
- Fixed log error spamming on some buggy AMD drivers in Windows.
- Made player ships attract power ups from much greater distance.
- Added particle trail effects to some of the beam weapons.
- Added smooth fading at both ends of weapon beams.
- Moved controller help from menu to a separate overlay that can be toggled with F1.
- Show match tips in randomized loop while waiting for players to join the match.
- Added a shockwave to teleporting effect.
Updated packages are available for download on Itch.io page and the official game page has been updated.
Back to home
Posted on 2017-09-17