Lockdown Protocol 0.22.0 beta released
Second beta release for Lockdown Protocol is ready.
The change log consists mostly of bug fixes and balancing, but there are some new stuff too. I added one new small multiplayer level optimized for two-player local deathmatches. There is also one completely new weapon. I had decided not to add any more weapons, but I "accidentally" created a new pretty weapon while playing around with particles systems. So I finished it and here it is:
I have done a lot of tweaking based on feedback from the previous versions. Most of it aims to make the guards a little less efficient in killing the player and reduce the need to walk through already cleared empty corridors.
Here's full list of changes since 0.21.0 beta release:
- Added full-screen red flash "pain effect".
- Added a new weapon: Plasma cannon.
- Added one more multiplayer level.
- Fixed closing window with title bar close button.
- Made guards randomly misaim to make them a bit less deadly over long distances.
- Added basic gamepad control to menus.
- Single player gameplay is now paused while menu is open.
- Tweaked all levels for a bit more action and less walking through empty corridors.
- Made elevators and platforms move a little faster.
- Increased player walk speed a tiny bit to make jumping over gaps easier.
- Fixed duplicate "Player X entered" messages in split-screen multiplayer matches.
- Fixed randomly changing direction before mouse was first moved on remote clients.
- Fixed player occasionally damaging himself when shooting while running up a ramp or falling.
- Fixed choppy or completely missing reload animations on remote clients.
- Fixed heartbeat loop sound not always stopping on death.
- Shortened sentry gun target detection range.
- Fixed spiders sometimes walking really slowly.
- Increased guard AI stun duration after damage.
- Added hit sound to pulse rifle and sentry drone projectiles.
- Increased sentry drone fire rate, lowered its projectile speed and damage.
- Lowered jellyfish projectile speed.
- Fixed crash in case of too many simultaneous explosions.
- Fixed object destruction when moving outside of level area.
- Doubled laser rifle range.
- Fixed explosions not applying forces to indestructible objects (e.g. blue barrels).
- Adjusted visible/audible ranges to fix ugly looping sound cutoff.
- Fixed missing particle fade out in some of the weapon hit effects.
- Fixed badly oriented rocket smoke trail particle effect on clients.
Download links have been updated on the game page. The update will soon be available on Desura too.
Back to home
Posted on 2015-01-31