Lockdown Protocol 0.17.0 alpha released
The main theme in this release is collectible items. There are new ammunition and supply packs, force field generators and crates revealing collectible items on destruction. Guards now drop their weapon or random items when killed.
This version adds an update checker function that notifies you when a new version is available.
Here's full list of changes since 0.16.0 alpha release:
- Added ammo pack power up item.
- Added supply pack power up item.
- Added force fields (destructive/protective/damping) and matching power up items.
- Added one more single player level.
- Turned the small green crate into a destructible container that reveals random items.
- Added floating labels on power up pick ups.
- Added a music loop playing during action.
- Made ambient background sound play even if music is set off in settings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented controller help (F1) overlays from being shown.
- Made guards randomly drop their weapon or power ups when killed.
- Made walls block explosion damage and impulse.
- Made dragons fly a bit faster.
- Made dragons coming out of eggs spot nearby targets immediately.
- Miscellaneous improvements to particle effects.
- Fixed bug causing badly oriented bullet hit particle effects.
- Minor improvements to enemy line of sight testing.
- Added smoke trail to rockets.
- Improved explosion particle effects orientation and timing.
- Fixed invisible smoke and fragment particles blocking light glow.
- Fixed heavy weapon aim animation problem that made AI aim too high.
- Many bug fixes to dragon and jellyfish AI, especially to target detection.
- Fixed all weapons misaiming slightly to the left.
- Made human AI switch target if a visible closer target attacks it.
- Added automatically randomized orietation for certain elements (e.g. barrels) in level editor.
- Floating labels from power ups are now shown on clients too.
- Show in-game error message on many level loading errors that previously killed the game.
- Editor now loads levels with invalid entity references so you can fix them.
- Fixed a serious bug in visibility data updating to clients.
- Retextured dragon eggs.
- Added alternative game pad controller jump by left stick up.
- Added update notification when a new version is available.
- Prevented respawning after level/match completion.
- Updated first level tutorial with more instructions.
- Minor fine tuning to character animations.
- Fixed match statistics not always getting cleared on multiplayer match restart.
- Improved network latency estimation making client side movement a bit smoother.
- Fixed multiple serious bugs that caused jerks in client side movement.
Download links have been updated on the game page. The update will soon be available on Desura too.
Single player level design is a bit inconsistent at the moment, simply because the first levels were initially designed over three years ago when the game itself was very different. I'm planning to do some systematic redesign to existing levels before the next release.
Back to home
Posted on 2014-03-07