Lockdown Protocol 0.16.0 alpha release
This release brings again a lot of improvements to the game. Especially sound effects and overall audio has gotten much better. There is some new content too: One new weapon, new enemy type and three new levels.
Here's full list of changes since 0.15.0 alpha release:
- Added alternative aim/shoot animation for heavy weapons.
- Added level completion music.
- Added laser rifle.
- Added two more single player levels.
- Added new multiplayer level called Armory (new demo multiplayer level).
- Added dynamic audio filters (reverb).
- Fixed music stopping in case of decode buffer underrun.
- Added laser sight to zapper.
- Guard speech bubbles replaced with actual voices.
- Added security announcement voices.
- Tweaked some of the first levels based on game play tests.
- New skin texture for security guards.
- Added new guard type armed with pulse rifle.
- Made laser/zapper beams fade out at range limit.
- Minor tweaking to human walk animation.
- Made jellyfish collision body a bit larger to make it easier to hit.
- Fixed temporary corrupted electric weapon beam pattern when fired for the first time.
- Fixed beam weapon particle effects stopping too early.
- Optimized particle rendering for lower batch count.
- Fixed reconfigure.exe launcher not working with Wine.
- Fixed annoying delay in platform/elevator interaction on multiplayer client.
- Removed lowest lighting quality option (fixed function).
- Show score at end of player name instead of kill count in single player games.
- Fixed missing player name change notifications on server in multiplayer matches.
- Fixed guard AI unintentionally shooting during "stun delay" after getting shot.
In order to simplify things the lowest lighting quality (fixed function) option has been removed. I finally made some sort of guess on minimum hardware requirements:
- 1.6Ghz processor
- 1GB RAM
- DirectX 9.0c or OpenGL 2.1 compatible 3D graphics card with 128MB of memory. Intel's HD2000 and later integrated GPUs should work too.
- 100Mb of disk space available.
Downloads are available on the game page. The release will shortly be available on Desura and IndieDB too.
Don't forget about the 40% pre-purchase discount during the development alpha phase. It won't last forever even though it might seem so :)
Back to home
Posted on 2014-01-14