Hyper Ultra Astronautics 0.0.9 alpha released
A new alpha version of Hyper Ultra Astronautics is out now!
The most visible change is a very small change: The background color is a lot brighter than before. This makes the game look more colorful and lively in general. Another positive side effect is that glow effects look much better against brighter background.
The survival game mode has a new enemy type:
It is now possible to control your ship using gamepad's directional/d-pad buttons too. Some people prefer this and it doubles as a backup for gamepads with bad quality analog sticks (huge deadzones, etc.). I'll probably later add built-in support for digital-only SNES style controllers.
Here's full list of changes since 0.0.8 alpha:
- Improved game logo.
- Added enemy mother ship as a new enemy in survival mode.
- Enabled biased mipmaps for font textures to allow smoother fonts.
- Increased background color brightness and limited randomization to bluish hues.
- Added long aim indicator line to disruptor for easier aiming.
- Added flash particles on beam weapon activation.
- Plasma beam and disruptor now slightly home in on nearby objects.
- Added support for control using dpad buttons on gamepads.
- Added steering acceleration to digital control from mobile application.
Weapon balancing and difficulty progression in survival mode needs adjusting. I need your feedback on this. Let me know if you think some weapon is way too powerful or weak. I'm also very interested in hearing how you feel about the difficulty of the survival co-op mode?
Posted on 2017-03-22