Hyper Ultra Astronautics 0.0.8 alpha released
After exactly one month since last release Hyper Ultra Astronautics alpha 0.0.8 is here!
The game now starts up in the menu with proper logo and intro music by DavilOne. There is a new crazy weapon called Autocannon. Menus have been rearranged a bit and QR links to mobile controller applications are provided in-game (Android only for now). Ship movement and controls have been made snappier by fixing a controller bug and slightly increasing both maximum velocity and thruster forces.
After hearing complaints that the game is too dark, I increased overall lighting intensity a bit and added monitor gamma adjustment in settings menu.
Here's full list of changes since 0.0.7 alpha:
- Fixed once active players always showing up in match results even when not playing.
- Added new weapon: Autocannon.
- Improved collision particle effects and sounds.
- Open the menu automatically when the game starts.
- Added intro music in menu.
- Made respawn timer count down instead of restarting from zero when button is released.
- Added QR code links to mobile application downloads in the settings menu.
- Fixed menu font not using proper aspect ratio.
- Increased maximum ship velocity by 20%.
- Fixed unintentional ship angular speed limitation when using directional controllers.
- Increased ship thruster forces slightly.
- Enlarged drone collision models to make them easier to hit.
- Increased the brighthess of the directional base light source slightly.
- Fixed active player controls getting stuck when menu is opened.
- Fade menu and player labels smoothly in and out.
- Added a game logo in menu.
- Added title music in menu.
- Added menu action sounds.
- Pause match with active players while menu is open.
- Added monitor gamma setting to system settings menu.
Posted on 2017-02-12